Monday, October 19, 2009

Getting Distracted

Trying to find an affordable yet extremely elegant dress for my BMs online is proving to be quite a challenge. I have explored all of the usual suspects: Macy's, Nordstrom, Nieman Marcus, Lords and Ladies, Ann Taylor, and countless other websites. While my search for BM dresses has not been fruitful, I have found a few really cute dresses that I am considering for myself! I mean, apart from the wedding dress, I'm going to need a rehearsal dress, and a shower dress, and a bachelorette party dress, and who knows how many others!

I am super excited about wearing as many white/cream/ivory dresses as I can for the pre-wedding events, since these are the only events when wearing white is not frowned upon, but encouraged!

So in a world where I could buy as many dresses as I wanted without worrying about our ballooning budget, here is what I would wear:

(All of the dresses below are from www.shop.nordstrom.com)

This dress would be an adorable party dress for after the ceremony. I just love the feathers! However, the price tag is a little steep, and my football player shoulders do not approve of anything strapless. Also, I think that I love my gown too much to change out of it!

I am not 100% sure about this dress. In the picture, it looks a little too dressy to be anything but a real wedding dress. I can't help but wonder though if it could be dressed down with some metallic flats, bed-head waves, and chunky jewelery (a la Nicole Richie maxi dress). Perhaps for a shower or the rehearsal dinner?


I love the modesty of this dress, and think that it would be perfect for a daytime shower. The silhouette is a tried and true one for my body type.

I've saved the best for last. I LOVE the one shoulder pouf thing on this dress. I could definitely see myself wearing this to my bachelorette party or shower. It is a little on the fancy side, but luckily, my family and friends love to dress up, so I think that this dress wouldn't phase them.

If you had unlimited closet space and a stretchable budget, what dresses would you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment