Monday, May 24, 2010

Guest Book Table Primping

A long, long time ago, when I was still a naive bride-to-be who thought all of my DIY aspirations would come to fruition, I purchased these pillar candlesticks:
At the time, I thought that these might serve as the base for our centerpieces, and I bought the two of them to work on some prototypes.  I have since abandoned the idea, opting for a professional to put together our tall centerpieces.  I didn't want these to go to waste though, so I decided to use them to spruce up our guest book table.  I turned those candlesticks, into these beautiful arrangements...


...and it was really easy!  I started by spray painting the candlesticks, since I wanted them to be a little more white:


I purchased two styrofoam balls in varying sizes from Michael's, and some beautiful white and pink peony bushes and yellow rose bunches that were on sale at the time.

I cut the flower stems so that they were approximately the same height, and started sticking them into the styrofoam ball - as if I were making a pomander!  To get a clearer idea of the progress, I balanced the ball on top of the candlesticks.



I covered the ball with the flowers, except for a small opening at the bottom where the ball will balance on the candlestick.


And that's it!  This project took no more than half an hour and cost under $20.00.  These arrangements will stand on our guest book table next to our wish box, but I really do think that they would work well as centerpieces, as long as the stands were tall enough.

I guess I should also mention that most of the flowers at our wedding will be real, and while I wish that these were as well, I am very happy with the fact that this project was easy to assemble, and very cheap.  I feel like no one will notice a fake flower here and there, and this is a good way to save a couple of bucks!

Are you mixing real and faux flowers at your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment