Friday, May 14, 2010

Polish Wedding Traditions - Odds and Ends

Whew!  It took me longer than the anticipated week to write up the most important Polish wedding traditions.  I hope that you enjoyed reading them, and that you learned something about the Polish culture!  To wrap up, I just wanted to draw your attention to some of the different traditions that have been mentioned on the 'Bee before, thanks to the Avocados and the Sea Breezes!

Breezy wrote about the Poprawiny, or "the do-over":  the day after the wedding extravaganza (I told you Polish weddings were three day affairs).  I love her family's addition of a shot of vodka and a shot of water to the "Bread and Salt" tradition (like a true Polka, I like anything with a little addition of wodka).  She also wrote about an interesting way to celebrate one's 1st wedding anniversary :p

Mrs. Avocado wrote about "The Bedding Down" and her awesome wedding party pulled it off perfectly!  She was also showered with coins upon exiting the temple.

And don't forget to review one of my favorite traditions that I wrote about a while ago:  stealing the bride's shoe!

Ok, now it's your turn. Tell me about your cultural wedding traditions!

(Extra points for those with French Canadian wedding traditions, since Mr. Pudding is 1/2 French Canadian and I would love to incorporate something from his culture in our wedding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment