Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Decor?

On a recent excursion to downtown Burlington, I stepped into a local discount wholesale store. I have driven past the Big!Lots store many times, and have always laughed at the incredibly ridiculous name! There are no Big!Lots stores in Canada, so I was curious as to what I might find there. What I found was everything! The store had everything from furniture to birthday cards. It also had a large selection of vases, picture frames, and glass containers. Being a full out bridezilla, I started wondering if I could find anything there that I could use for the wedding. I found something indeed!


These are candle holders. I picked up one large one and one small one to show Sister Pudding, and the more I look at them, the more I like them. Even though they are meant for candles, I think that they would look beautiful as a base for floral centerpieces. The best part? They were 75% off, so the tall one cost $3.50 and the small one cost $2.50.

Unfortunately, in common Miss Pudding fashion, I put off going back to Big!Lots. By the time I did, all of these babies were gone.

Now I have two candle holders. Any ideas as to what I should do with them?

3 comments:

  1. I really love these! Did you try painting them all white like we talked about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet....mom says that they are a bit "retro", but I think that I love them anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. retro eh? .... mom just has to see them!

    ReplyDelete