Thursday, September 17, 2009

An Ode to Our Wedding Party


(photo by FIL Pudding)

Deciding on a wedding party started out as a fairly difficult decision for me, and than became an awfully simple one. Because I recently graduated from college, I have quite a number of close friends that I hold near and dear to my heart. After careful calculations, I concluded that there were a total of 8 friends that I needed to include in my wedding party.

Well, you might think that eight is not such a ridiculous number. I have been in weddings that had more than eight attendants on each side. However, I have yet to discuss my family. I have a younger sister, who without a single doubt in my mind would be my Maid of Honour. Also, Mr. Pudding has a younger sister whom I adore, and I desperately wanted her to stand by my side.

So that makes ten....ok, the number is getting up there, but it's still not unheard of, right? But what about my cousins? I have one cousin who is like a little sister to me, and 4 other cousins who I am very close to.

All together, that makes fifteen bridesmaids. Fifteen! Where would my groom find so many groom's men? Fifteen was just too much....cuts would have to be made!

But who to exclude? I didn't want to insult anyone, and I didn't want anyone to think that their relationship with me was less valuable. So I did the only thing that I could think of.....I cut everyone! I decided that I wanted our wedding party to consist of siblings only, which works out quite perfectly since Mr. Pudding and I both have a brother and a sister. Since my friends and family are an incredibly talented bunch, they will be included in other special ways throughout the wedding. I truly hope that none of my friends are hurt by my decision, and I hope that they are excited about getting to choose their own dresses for the big party!

Are you having a small wedding party?

No comments:

Post a Comment