Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The STDs Revisited - Part One

Our STDs are a labour of love. They went through several stages before they were perfect. They started off like this:


Since our invitations are going to be a very formal navy and white (with maybe a hint of yellow), I wanted our STDs to be mostly yellow, and more playful. I liked the overall design, and I enjoyed the yellow envelope, but I was not sure what to do about the backing on the card. I did try the material backing with some scrap fabric, and here is what it looked like:


Even though I loved the extra texture that the material provided, I worried that the pattern on the front combined with the different pattern on the back was just too busy. So, I tried it with a navy backing:



Even though the STDs looked undeniably better with the navy backing, I was not in love. I had my heart set on incorporating fabric. So, I went back to the drawing board.

Did you rework your STDs several times before getting them just right?

* All photos taken by yours truly!

2 comments:

  1. After carefully examining all the options I think i like the simple navy backroud the best. Although the patterned navy was a very close second. I'd love to actually see them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitley like the Navy backed one the best... I'm not a fan of the pattern of the first blue one. They're so pretty though!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete