Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bent out of Shape

In my opinion, this is the defining photograph of a Catholic wedding ceremony:


(photo of The Dumplings taken by The Cohens)


(The Hydrangeas, photo by Perez Photograph)

Come to think of it, I think that this moment is pretty universal despite of the type of ceremony that you choose to have:


(The Penguins, married by a family friend ordained on the internet. Photo by Sarah K. Chen Photography)

(The Avocados at their Ring Ceremony, photo by Kelli Nicole)

(Mr. and Mrs. Sushi at their Destination Wedding Ceremony. Photo by Frank Amodo)


There is something so tender and sweet about the moment when the to-be-married couple, in front of their friends and family, turn towards each other to utter their vows. The photos above really capture that moment where everything around the couple fades away, leaving only two people who promise to love each other for the rest of their lives.

It is really important to me that this moment is caught by our photographers as well. I do have one concern however:

I am a sloucher.

It's quite possible that this is because of my height. At 5"91/2 (short girls round up, tall girls round down) I certainly tower over most females in my life. But my height isn't such that I am taller than many men, and I certainly don't shy away from wearing fabulous high heeled shoes. Whatever the culprit, this is something that I am very concerned about for our ceremony.


(photo taken by my Uncle John)

It's a fuzzy picture of Mr. Pudding and me, but you get the slouchy idea. I am trying to improve my posture by taking up yoga. I might also start doing the old book on the head routine that Mama Pudding made me practice as a little girl. I don't care how fierce Tyra says this is, I do not want to look like this on our wedding day:


(source)

Any other slouchers in the hive? What are you doing to make sure that your bad posture doesn't ruin your wedding pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment