Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Bride Unveiled

This post is all about veils. There seem to be so many choices these days...how is a slightly indecisive bride to choose?

We have the stylish bird cage:


(source)

The romantic mantilla:


(source)

The dramatic cathedral:


(source)

And the sassy "pouf":


(source)

But veils are no longer a must for brides. Many choose to wear a flower:

or some feathers:


All of these pictures are from the Weddingbee community....it just goes to show what wonderful diversity we have here at the 'bee!

As for me, I will be pulling a Mrs. Glitter and wearing a chapel length veil with a blusher. I know that the symbolism behind the blusher is a bit flawed, but I have always romanticized that moment when the father of the bride lifts her veil. I think that it will be a very special moment between my dad and me.


(source)

What type of veil are you wearing?

2 comments:

  1. Im just reading through your blog for the first time, so sorry if this topic has been and gone. I have the romantic mantilla. What have you ended up on deciding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for commenting! I'm going to wear a chapel length with a blusher. I just didn't feel like a bride without the blusher :P

    ReplyDelete