Saturday, January 9, 2010

Let's Polka!

I have yet to sit down and plan the music that will be played at the Pudding wedding.  I have no idea what tune will accompany our first dance or what song I will listen to while I walk down the aisle.

I do know one thing though.  Our reception will have a very special guest performer:



Meet Mr. Pudding's grandfather, aka The Polka King.

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but Mr. P is 1/4 Polish, and that 1/4 comes from his maternal grandfather.  Mr. P's grandfather is very patriotic, and did his best to instill Polish traditions in his family.  Let's just say that Mr. Pudding earned major brownie points when he announced his intentions to marry a true flesh and blood "Polka"*.

Mr. Pudding's grandfather is a Polka playing machine.  He plays the accordion at all family functions, and our wedding will be no exception.  Even though Mr. Pudding's Polka dancing skills are a little spastic, and my feet will no doubt get trampled, I can't wait for our first (but certainly not last) Polka as husband and wife!

Are you having a family member or friend "perform" at your wedding?


* the word "Polka" actually means "Polish girl"

No comments:

Post a Comment