Thursday, January 7, 2010

A True Labour of Love (and Hate)

I am incredibly happy to report that after months of hard labour, our STD's are finally finished! They are all tucked away into their yellow envelopes, but are waiting to be sent out until Mr. Pudding finishes our (completely original, completely beautiful) wedding website. I can't wait to share them with you though, and doubt that many of our wedding guests are reading Weddingbee :P

Hive, meet our STD's! Be nice - They're a little shy:



At first, I thought that I would print the addresses on the envelopes, but I tried writing them myself with a bold-tip calligraphy pen, and decided that they didn't look so bad.  I also added the little flourish at the bottom of the envelopes - isn't it cute (in a Mrs. Gloss kind of way)?

When our guests open their envelopes - and I'm assuming that they will open them in a nice, neat way instead of just ripping them - they will see these beautiful liners that took forever to print, cut, and glue:



The front of the card looks like this (it pains me to blur):



I wanted the cards to be sweet and simple.  Their intent was to point our guests to our website, where they would find all of the information they would ever need.  Here is another shot:



Wondering about the backing paper?  Do you remember this post?  It's not paper...it's fabric!  I originally got the idea from Martha, but had to tweak it because her instructions were.....well....lacking.

STD, do a little twirl, why don't ya!



 

The fabric backing took forever to finish, but I think that the end result is so unique and adorable!  Let's take a couple of more looks shall we?








And here they are all ready to embark on their adventures!



What do you think?  Did you make your own STDs?  How long did the project take to complete?

No comments:

Post a Comment