Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Late at night when all the world is sleeping....

...I stay up and think of the wedding.

Ladies and Gents, the wedding insomnia has hit me.  HARD.


I knew that it was coming, since I am quite prone to bouts of sleeplessness.  Whenever something exciting and/or terrifying is about to happen to me, I can't sleep no matter what I try.  And it's not always big events that set me off.  I am one of those people who can't sleep before a trip, or if I have a test coming up.  There has been more than one occasion where I couldn't fall asleep because I had a really, really, REALLY exciting lesson planned for the next day.  I am pretty sure that my teenage students would classify me as a loser.

So, I really should not be surprised that I am sitting here typing this post at 6:30am, not having slept a single wink.  I arrived at Mama P's house last night, and the excitement of RSVPs/shower plans/dresses was more than I could handle.

I am terrified that I will not be able to sleep in the nights leading to our wedding day.

Are you suffering from wedding insomnia, or am I the only one?  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ensure that I get enough beauty sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment