Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Old World Love (Engagement Picture Sneak Peek)

Despite being engaged for over a year and a half, Mr. Pudding and I just recently had our engagement pictures taken.  Mr. Pudding was a little bit confused as to why we even needed engagement pictures, but was persuaded to go along with the whole thing when I explained that it would be good practice for our wedding (he's such a good sport).

I really wanted our engagement pictures to have a more "artsy" theme.  I wanted them to be utterly romantic, and interesting to look at.  I had the idea to do a shoot that involved a field with hanging laundry.  I have always thought that linens blowing in the wind were terribly romantic.  They remind me of my grandparent's farm in Poland, where my Babcia would hang linens to dry amongst cattle grazing on the dandelion fields.  In fact, Mama Pudding to this day hangs all of her laundry outside in the summer time (she did this even when it was illegal....what can I say, Mama P is a bad ass).  The visual just reminds me of a simpler time in my life.

I was worried that our photographers at Renaissance Studio Photography would laugh at the idea of me wanting to have our pics taken with dirty underwear or something.  To my surprise, Clint was very receptive.  He suggested that we add a basket of peaches to the equation, and what we got was the perfect vision of old world romance!

Take a look for yourself:











All of the pictures are courtesy of the amazing Clint of Renaissance Studio Photography. You want to see more?  I can't blame you!  See the rest of this shoot, as well as many other amazing photographs HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment