Monday, July 19, 2010

"So, what does it feel like to be a married lady?"

Since getting married over a week ago, I get questions like this a lot:  "Does it feel different?", "Do you feel more like an adult?", and so on.  To be perfectly honest, there is only one answer that I can come up with when probed like this.

"So, what does it feel like to be a married lady?"

Well, I mostly feel hungry.

Confused?  Well, you know how people always say that you need to remember to eat on your wedding day?  Well, amongst the lists and schedules that I created for our wedding, I forgot to make a conscious effort to eat.  On the day of our reception, I had half a bagel on our way to the hairdresser, and than didn't eat anything until dinner was served at our reception (at around 6:30pm).  Of course, when I received my soup course (a delicious cream of mushroom) I had about three spoonfuls before my poor shrunken stomach yelled at me to take it easy! I had a couple of bites of the main course, and than nibbled on the midnight buffet.  I had about two bites of our delicious wedding cake.  All in all, I would say that I consumed under 1000 calories that day.

To make matters worse, my eating habits were pretty much just as dismal during our polterabend/rehearsal dinner, and our Sunday Poprawiny.  That means that I spent a whole three days celebrating, dancing, socializing, and stressing, but not really eating a whole lot.

When the rest of the guests left on Monday, I found myself devouring everything in sight.  We had quite a lot of food left over from the wedding, including a lot of cake.  I swear for the first three days after the wedding I ate an average of 5 pieces of cake every day.  Everyone kept telling me that I looked very thin on our wedding day.  I didn't really believe them.  But on Wednesday night, I decided to weigh myself.  I stepped on the scale, and was completely shocked:  After three days of binge eating, I was still 7 pounds under my regular weight.

I am a total cautionary tale, ladies.  Make sure to eat on your wedding day!  Write it into your schedule!  Force yourself to put some of the delicious food that your guests are consuming into your mouth!  It seems easy enough, but it is the hardest thing to remember!

And since this is my first official post as a MRS (!!!), I couldn't leave you without a little teaser pic. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Dude write a post-wedding post ASAP. I need day-of DETAILS! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for my pro-pics! I should have them mid September....you have to wait like everyone else!

    ReplyDelete