Sunday, July 11, 2010

No Day but Today

It's 4:26am.  I am at Mama Pudding's house on the morning of our wedding day.  The whole house is still sleeping, but a slight noise from outside woke me up.  Going back to sleep is out of the question:  Today is my wedding day after all!

Mr. Pudding's family have all arrived safe and sound.  My family from Poland is all here, sans some missing baggage.  The rehearsal dinner has come and gone, and my makeshift polterabend was such a big hit (who new that breaking a beer bottle on the eve before your wedding could be so cathartic!).

The last couple of days have not been without tense moments, capitalized by a few stress driven tears yesterday.  Even this morning I feel slightly unprepared, since there are still about a half dozen loose ends that are on my to-do list.

But it doesn't matter.  Today is our wedding day.  Today, I am the bride.  Today, I feel determined to be relaxed and happy, no matter how many things go wrong.  Today is going to be the perfect day.

Mr. Pudding, I love you with all of my being.  You are my rock, and I am so excited to embark on this journey with you.  I'll meet you at the end of that aisle with bated breath and a joy filled heart.

Love,

Miss (for the last time) Pudding

1 comment: