Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Inspiration Board (s)

When first shared our colour scheme of navy, white and yellow with Mama Pudding, she went on a little rant about how in Poland yellow flowers symbolize unfaithfulness. Even though I am not very superstitions, I don't really know how I feel about our wedding making all of our Polish guests think of cheating. Mama P than suggested that I change the yellow to bright pink. So, I (quickly) made two inspiration boards to get a visual as to what a navy and white wedding with yellow or pink accents would look like.


Sources: Toile fabric, Jim Hjelm Bridesmaid Dress, Fans, Yellow Cocktails, Table Scape, Table Setting, Feather, Yellow Table Number, Flower Arrangement, Blue and Yellow Favors, Pink Bouquet, Pink Cocktails.

I considered both options, but with Mr. Pudding insisting that he did not want a "pink" wedding, I had settled on the yellow despite Mama P's objections.

This would not be the end of my wavering on the accent colour, however. A couple of weeks later, we decided that we would buy our flowers in bulk and have a family friend put together our centerpieces. With this decision, I became really worried about the variety of yellow flowers available when you purchase wholesale. I started to think that maybe pink flowers were easier to acquire.

In the end, I decided to keep the major accent colour as yellow. If we find that yellow flowers are impossible to get, we will buy pink. I think that having both colours as accents might be really cute - just look at the pink lemonade with yellow lemons in the 2nd inspiration board!

What's your colour scheme, and are you keeping it flexible?

1 comment:

  1. I definietly Like the yellow better! I think that yellow is a little bit more modern and more original then pink :)

    ReplyDelete