Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Why I Need Kick A** Shoes

Like many of you, I have been spending countless hours searching for the perfect wedding shoe.

I am a shoe girl. I have countless amounts of shoes in my closet, many of which I have only worn once. I have also been known to buy a pair of shoes that cost more than the rest of my outfit put together.  So, being that shoes are my first love (sorry Mr. P), and I can easily hush my guilty conscience if said shoes cost slightly more than anticipated, I should have no problem finding the perfect pair, right?

WRONG!

Being a 5"9 bride whose bridesmaids (luckily) are approximately the same height, which just happens to be (unluckily) around 5"4, I have been banned by Mama Pudding from buying anything with a heel higher that 3 inches.

Sadly, these are out:




"Not to worry, Miss Pudding" - you might say - "there are tons of great bridal flats out there!"

Unfortunately, flats are not in the cards for me on my wedding day. I can rock a ballet flat with a pair of skinny jeans like no body's business, but I find that they do little for my slouching problem. In my experience, a little heel goes a long way to making a girl walk a little straighter.

The problem is that I cannot seem to find a beautiful shoe with a low enough heel. Many people have advised me not to worry about it. They suggest that I just purchase a comfortable and functional shoe, since most people don't even see the bride's shoe.

Not so at a Polish wedding. There is a Polish custom that allows for all of the bachelors at a wedding to hunt down the bride and steal one of her shoes. Said bachelor than barters with the groom to give up the shoe in exchange for - you guessed it - wodka!


Brother Pudding showing off his booty after successfully negotiating the terms of release with the groom - yes, Brother Pudding is a ham

So, you see, my shoes will have their moment to shine at our reception, and they need to be gorgeous!

Sigh...Have any of you found beautiful shoes with a heel under 3 inches?

1 comment:

  1. oh i understand on how to rock a ballet flat, I actually went for high heels tho as I really am short and it will help with my posture. I can wear high heels quite confidently but my preference is just not too.
    You can find mine here;
    http://coastalcitybride.blogspot.com/2009/12/shoes-best-buy-girl-can-make.html

    Good luck with your hunt!

    ReplyDelete